I offer the following types of evaluations:
- Evaluations for Immigration Purposes
- Third-Party Reproduction
- Ovum donor psychological screenings
- Donor Recipient psycho-educational consultations
- Gestational Carrier psychological evaluations
- Evaluations for work, school, personal development or to assist with therapy progress
- Personality Assessment
- Diagnostic Assessment
- Learning disabilities & learning styles
- Intellectual abilities
- Mental health diagnosis
- Treatment recommendations
What Does an Evaluation Entail?
Psychological evaluations encompass the use of psychological tests and measures, along with an in-depth interview, to help clients answer significant questions they have about themselves. Psychological assessment can answer a wide array of questions with a great deal of data and specificity. Some examples of questions that testing can answer include:
- I can’t seem to get it right in relationships – what is going wrong?
- Why do I continue to struggle in school, even though I am working so hard?(Learning Disability Assessment)
- I seem to have had trouble focusing and concentrating since I was a kid. What is going on? (ADHD & Diagnostic Assessment)
- Is my difficulty at work/school due to depression or something else? (Diagnostic Assessment)
- I am feeling stuck in therapy and my therapist and I want to understand what is going on between us. (Personality Assessment)
- I want to know what my strengths and weaknesses are, so I can choose a career that is a good fit for me. (Intellectual and Personality Assessments)
My approach to psychological assessment combines skill and accuracy in administering various tests, as well as important therapeutic elements, such as an ability to help clients articulate their concerns and ultimately increase their self-understanding. I rely heavily on the tenets of Therapeutic Assessment, an approach to assessment pioneered by Stephen Finn, Ph.D. and colleagues. In this approach, the client is treated as a collaborator in examining his or her questions. Feedback is a crucial component of therapeutic assessment. Feedback is provided in a separate session, as well as given in the form of a report or letter. I have extensive testing and assessment experience, both in training and in practice. I have helped many clients understand the nature of their challenges and have provided them with meaningful feedback and actionable recommendations.
Please be in touch if you would like to learn more or would like to set up an evaluation.